‘Ranbir at my place? What a lie!’: Katrina Kaif

katrinacorset.jpg
By Hindustan Times
On Wednesday morning, a Mumbai tabloid reported that actor Ranbir Kapoor was in girlfriend Katrina Kaif’s house on January 24, when Kaif’s house was raided by the Income Tax department. Furious about the reports, Kat tells us, "This is absolute rubbish and a lie. If anyone was there, it would have been reported immediately and not 10 days later."
Remaining tight-lipped about her equation with Ranbir, 26-year-old Kat is pragmatic when it comes to happily ever afters. "Do I see myself married in two years? I don’t really know. I think by the time I’m around 33, I should be having kids. But you can’t plan it. I do want to get Katrinamarried, but do I want to have a child grow up without a father? No. I think you need more security," says the actor in an interview in the February issue of men’s magazine, GQ.
Though she sizzled as an item girl in Sheila Ki Jawani, she says for someone who lives through newspapers, overt display of sexuality is out. "I’m not comfortable beyond a certain line of sensuality," she says. "I think it can be offensive to certain sectors of your audience. It’s important that it comes across as you."
Her reluctance to open up extends to her wildly nomadic childhood. Born in Hong Kong, she moved out with her British mother Suzanne Turquotte, a veteran NGO activist, when she was two or three, spending time in France, Japan, and then Hawaii by the age of 11, before arriving in London at 13. "I have a lot of feelings of being lost and shy and isolated. I felt alien," she says.
more from this section